How to use this page
Put a toggle in here with your idea.
- Questions use numbers
- Suggestions, answers and ideas use bullet points
Considerations should be changed to italics
Priorities for projects
- Damage mitigation - tracking for awareness of risk, ventilator manufacture, safety precautions for spreading/catching, support for NHS staff and families.
- Cultural Shift - hygiene standard adaption, cultural norm breaking, risk assessments, preparedness, understanding.
- Sensemaking - common resources, open data, fast distilling of concepts, direction of efforts, organisation of solutions.
- Societal Support - guidance through fear and panic, comfort for loss, distraction from disease.
Got an idea you want to add?
Fill in the coloured areas or go through the typeform underneath
Ideas and Projects
Project Proposals Whats your name?,Enter a social link for others to contact you. ,Please give this a title,Please link to anything here,Whats the problem?,Whats the mission / idea / plan?,Anything else to add?,What stage is this in?,What area of skills are you most in need of?,Give details on s...
Project / Idea Proposals
Got an idea for solving a pandemic problem? In need of new ideas for an existing one? Creative solutions / Strategy / Content / Awareness offered by an alliance of purpose driven people.
these are added to the table below regularly.
ordered in priority
Support for the most in need
Elderly nearby needing resources
These kinds of pools need massive exposure to the mutual aid groups.
- Could we create a video or some engaging content to be shared so people know this is available?
Health Care support
- We could be looking into potential areas that could be commandeered to act as potential spaces for hospitals to spill over to if things get bad.
- Airplanes have reclinable chairs and oxygen masks and all of them will be grounded. how could we show this idea.
- They are going to be hit hardest by this. How can businesses and people support them in every possible way? Dropping them there and back from the hospital (ideally immune)
- How can we inspire restaurants to make them food and get it to them?
- How can we record the needs of the hospitals and broadcast them to the local communities so they can bring them whatever resource they need?
Hospital Resources Desperate plea for protective equipment
- We need to find out if theres any hospital resource links
Support for wider society
Mental health support
How can we grieve together?
How to mitigate loneliness
A campaign to get people to share their negative feelings with the world so others don't feel alone in their suffering or sadness.
- Creative calls to inspire ideas.
- Chat roulette for creatives based on similar interests
Second Chance manifesto
Create an online collaborative manifesto of things you vow to do when the lockdown has fully passed. eg
- go out to gigs alone
- hug more
- Make a rota for friends I don't talk to much
- Video call when I can
- Say yes to events
- Make effort with new neighbours
Sense Making through video
- We need to inspire others to use the time they have right now to help in mitigating disasters.
Scientist discussion filtered
The pandemic is changing at a record pace. The science cannot keep up and the public are often behind on the information or
Artistic collection of experiences
Inspiration to take up the call
- Generational poetic inspiration to take on the problems facing us like they would in WW2. change the mindset from apathy and disregard to empowerment and purpose.
Online tool for calculating the risk to your family members
- Input the health conditions of the family members
- Answer questions on the activities of each (professions, activity in lockdown, work situation)
- Basic info on location, number of members in household ect.
Creates a suggestions for the level of precautions each family member should take around the house. Suggests things they could be doing to protect vulnerable family members.
We need mass education super fast in bitesize pieces of content for people to share and absorb
- precautions to take
- how to quarantine those at risk of having it in the house.
- how to disinfect deliveries
- how to change habits of touching common surfaces
Virus prepeartion shopping list
For those in countries behind the curve we should collaborate on a shopping list for them to prepare themselves
- how do we make sure the people that have access to the list will not use it to profit from others?
- How can we create an open source database where members can easily add their info/skills/ect - typeform embed?
- How do we filter the members based on their level of commitment and capacity so they are assigned roles.
- What is the best means of creating a project database that's accessible to others to edit.
- Whats the best approach in creating a channel for informative information on the pandemic.
Main connection points to projects
- We need to begin centralising the links to all projects out there that are fighting the pandemic in some way. We can start with the ones that would make the biggest impact and go looking for other central links.
- We need to figure out what the best process is for organisations to share their knowledge, resources, networks ect together.
- One major problem currently being faced is the sharing of data between organisations. hospitals, tracking apps, ect ect
- How can we create a framework for those to share data between eachother and for resources and projects to combine their efforts?
- huge issue with getting the right resources to the right places.
- People hoarding food would likely give it to vulnerable if they were aware they needed it and could give it easily.
- Service workers need their kids looked after.
- Hospital supplies are in high demand of items that others might have hoarded before (rubbing alcohol ect)
|Name||Contact||Description||Wide View||Link||Progress||Related to Ideas and Tasks (Property)||Area||Tags||Related to Roles and Jobs (Property)||Source||Edited|
Orphic Virtual Festival
An online festival community and platform that better represents a more human social interaction in the virtual and allows for creativity to be expressed with others.
Aug 27, 2020 5:22 PM
Fight Covid UK
A platform for connecting volunteers with covid projects in the UK
May 18, 2020 2:48 PM
#StayAtHome - Creative & Collab
A global campaign to get people to stay in their homes so they can save lives. It will act as a platform in many low income countries that gives socially relevant content about the dangers and precautions around covid19.
May 18, 2020 2:48 PM
An online connecting service for volunteers to help in tangible areas of need. Supporting health systems, the vulnerable and other aid groups.
May 4, 2020 9:51 AM
The Nice List
A simple resource redirection web that allows neighbours to show what they have so they can share food and items in their community. It also gives tips and calculators for people to better plan their shopping habits.
May 21, 2020 6:04 PM
A project getting those quarantined into supportive groups to help protect their mental health in isolation.
May 18, 2020 2:48 PM